QUITO, Jan 10 (Reuters) - Ecuador's football federation (FEF) on Wednesday rejected an appeal against one-year bans for LDU's Ecuador forward Agustin Delgado and Peru midfielder Roberto Palacios for their part in a vicious brawl last month.
The fight erupted after LDU were held 1-1 at home by Barcelona on the final day of the 2006 season and left four visiting players requiring hospital treatment.
The brawl shocked the country and overshadowed the celebrations of El Nacional, who won the title the same day.
The FEF said on its Web site it had upheld a four-month ban on LDU's Ecuadorean midfielder Patricio Urrutia, while defender Jairo Campos's ban was reduced from six months to three.
LDU did not appeal against the one-year suspension for Paraguay defender Carlos Espinola and two-month bans for defender Giovanny Espinoza - another member of Ecuador's squad at last year's World Cup - and Sandro Borja.
Barcelona had four players banned -- Samuel Vanegas, David Garcia and Jairon Zamora for three months each and Edwin Tenorio for two months. The FEF said all four bans were upheld.
Television pictures showed players aiming kicks and punches at each other after the game, some being kicked on the ground.
Barcelona midfielder Leonardo Soledispa suffered a broken nose while Garcia complained of headaches and dizziness. Vaneges and Tenorio were also treated in hospital for facial injuries.
LDU angrily accused the FEF on their official Web site of depleting their team for this year's South American Libertadores Cup and said they were considering an appeal to FIFA.
'Delgado's personal and sporting curriculum, his social work and his goals for the national team were worth nothing to him in this case,' said the club.
'Perhaps Agustin Delgado should hand over his foundation, which he finances himself, to the government or the federation, to see if they can run it.'