Collymore unlikely to play in Australia - agent

September 20, 2006

SYDNEY, Sept 20 (Reuters) - Former England striker Stan Collymore has ruled out a move to Australian A-League team Newcastle Jets, his agent said.

The Australian club had said they talked to the 35-year-old Collymore about the possibility of making a four-match guest stint in the fledgling competition.

But Collymore's agent Simon Kennedy told the BBC the player was unlikely to accept the offer.

'We've had interest from Australia but it's not at the forefront of our mind,' Kennedy said.

'In the last year we've had offers from a Premiership side and five Championship clubs (in England), but it must be right.'

Collymore retired five years ago following spells with Nottingham Forest, Liverpool, Aston Villa, Leicester City and Spanish club Real Oviedo but has not ruled out a return.

The A-League is looking to attract marquee players after Trinidad and Tobago captain Dwight Yorke captained Sydney to last season's championships before returning to Britain.