Borgetti set to swap Bolton for Saudi Arabia

August 7, 2006

Bolton have accepted a bid from Saudi Arabia club Al Ittihad for striker Jared Borgetti.

The 32-year-old year Mexico international is expected to travel to the Middle East shortly to discuss personal terms.

Borgetti failed to make an impact in his debut season in England but did play in the World Cup.

However his days at Bolton appear to be numbered.

'I am hopeful the deal will be concluded this week,' manager Sam Allardyce told the club's website.

'It hasn't worked out for Jared at Bolton. He needs to find regular football to enhance his career prospects.'

Meanwhile Allardyce has decided not to pursue an interest in former Lecce defender Lorenzo Stovino.

The Italian is looking for a new challenge after leaving the club in the summer and trained at Bolton last week.

But Allardyce said: 'He is not the player we need, so our search will go on.''