RIO DE JANEIRO, July 27 (Reuters) - Mario Zagallo wants to continue his career in football despite being fired as Brazil's technical co-ordinator earlier this week.
The 74-year-old, who was told on Wednesday he would not be part of the set-up under new coach Dunga, said on Thursday he was open to offers.
'I'm not even thinking about retiring,' the former Brazil player and coach told Estado news agency. 'Football's in my blood. I'm open to offers.'
'I'm not giving in. I wouldn't be telling the truth if I said that I wasn't upset. I didn't expect it but life is like that.'
'Now, I'm fine and I feel I can keep working for a long time to come.'
Zagallo officially retired as a coach when he left Flamengo in 2002. However, the report said he might re-consider.
Zagallo is best known for coaching the memorable Pele-inspired team that won the 1970 World Cup. He also coached Brazil in 1974 when they finished fourth, and returned to lead them in France in 1998 when they were runners-up to the hosts.
As a player, Zagallo won the World Cup in 1958 and 1962. He was also assistant to Carlos Alberto Parreira when they won their fourth world title in 1994.