MADRID, July 25 (Reuters) - Spain striker Fernando Torres has ruled out a move away from Atletico Madrid.
'I am here for the pre-season just like last year and have no intention to leave. I want to stay here,' Torres told a news conference on Tuesday.
The 22-year-old international, Atletico's top scorer in each of the last four seasons, had remained quiet over his future since returning from the World Cup finals.
Manchester United and Inter Milan were reported to have been interested in signing Torres but the striker said he was only focused on Atletico.
'We need to forget about last season's disappointments. We have a new coach (Javier Aguirre) in whom I have confidence and he does in me,' Torres added.
'We have signed some great new players and I am really looking forward to working with them next season.'
Torres, who has 34 caps with Spain, has a contract with Atletico until 2008. Atletico finished 10th in Primera Liga last season.