Blackburn have dropped plans to give a trial to Korean striker Ahn Jung-Hwan.
The 30-year-old failed to turn up on Monday or for a re-arranged date today and the club have decided not to go ahead with the trial.
A club spokesman said Ahn's agents had failed to deliver the player as previously agreed.
'The picture has become too intricate and confusing and all parties have agreed to draw a line under the matter,' said a spokesman.
Ahn, currently in France with FC Metz, has been invited to train with Rovers but the Korean, one of the country's 2002 World Cup stars, had wanted to be sure he would sign for the club.