Transfer news

Galliani rejects Boateng to Monaco talk

June 21, 2013
By ESPN staff

AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani has dismissed speculation that Kevin-Prince Boateng is on the verge of leaving the club for Monaco.

AC Milan midfielder Kevin Prince Boateng
GettyImagesBoateng signed for Milan from Portsmouth

Conjecture that Boateng, 26, could sign for affluent side Monaco this summer was intensified following news that Galliani had travelled to the Principality.

However, Galliani has quelled suggestions that he headed to France to hold talks about the sale of the midfielder, insisting that no offers have been received.

"There have been no requests for Boateng," Galliani told Sky Sport. "No clubs have tabled an offer for him and he has not expressed a desire to leave.

"There was no meeting with Monaco. I just went for a courtesy visit but nobody believes me."

Galliani also revealed that Milan and Santos are currently at an impasse over the transfer of Robinho due to a disagreement regarding the player's fee.

He said: "The negotiations for Robinho have stopped. We had been dealing with them but we do not agree on the numbers."