QPR news

Redknapp underlines QPR commitment

June 10, 2013
By ESPN staff

QPR manager Harry Redknapp has reiterated his commitment to the club following their relegation from the Premier League.

Harry Redknapp
PA PhotosHarry Redknapp has been going through plans for a summer squad revamp

Redknapp, who succeeded Mark Hughes as manager in November with the Loftus Road side winless in the top flight, was unable to turn their fortunes around.

But the former Tottenham and Portsmouth boss insisted planning for the Championship was well under way as Rangers look to bounce back to the top division at the first time of asking.

He dismissed speculation that he could leave his post in West London and said he had met shareholder Ruben Emir Gnanalingam to talk through plans for additions to his squad.

"I know the kind of players we need, and I'm working with Philip [Beard, the chief executive] and the owners to get deals over the line," he told QPR's official website.

"We're in constant dialogue. We're all on the same page and want to bring success to the club.

"I am committed to QPR. I want to do well for the club and I want to take it back where it belongs - the Premier League.

"I know the game, and I know what QPR need to get back into the Premier League. It will be a difficult task, but a challenge I am excited about undertaking."

Gnanalingam said his talks with Redknapp had been "good and positive" and said the club - who faced criticism for their seemingly erratic transfer policy in the top flight - was "very clear in terms of what we are trying to achieve, and the strategy is in place to ensure we do things the right way".

He added that Redknapp had "earmarked players that he wants to add to the squad, and we are actively pursuing a number of targets to give us the best possible chance next season".