Internacional president Giovanni Luigi has confirmed playmaker Oscar's potential move to Chelsea is in a "very advanced" stage.
Oscar, 20, is currently in England with Brazil's Olympic team preparing for the London 2012 Games.
The midfielder has been linked to a £25 million move to Stamford Bridge throughout the summer, and late last week confirmed he has already undergone a medical.
Reports in Oscar's homeland claim a deal will be finalised this Friday, and Internacional's chief confirmed the transfer is on the verge of completion, with just one hurdle still to be overcome.
"The situation is very advanced, but not finalised yet," Luigi told Terra. "Oscar has to get his work permit. He needs to have a certain amount of caps to play in England, but I don't believe that will be a problem."
Luigi did not confirm the £25 million price tag but did admit Oscar's former club Sao Paulo would receive a percentage of the transfer fee.
"I won't confirm the value, but I can guarantee it wasn't in pounds. No cross-border negotiation is made in pounds - it's either Euros or dollars," Luigi said. "I have also reached an agreement with Sao Paulo over their part. It's Chelsea that will pay that, not Internacional."
Oscar and his Brazil team-mates will open their Olympic campaign in Cardiff on Thursday evening when they take on Egypt.