Merseyside Police have confirmed that they will take no further action against Joey Barton following last month's arrest.
Barton, 29, was involved in a fight outside a Liverpool nightclub on June 4 and the Queens Park Rangers midfielder, along with three other men, was arrested on suspicion of affray.
Barton had written of the incident on Twitter: "I got sucker punched in the back of the head. Not injured as reported just a small bruise on rear of head/ear. I've had worse. Life goes on! Thanks for the concern. Have a good day people."
Police have now said that none of the four men will be charged over the offence.
A Merseyside Police spokesman said on Thursday: "Merseyside Police can confirm that four men arrested in connection with an altercation in Eberle Street, Liverpool city centre on June 4 will face no further police action.
"The four - two 21-year-olds from Liverpool, a 29-year-old from Widnes, Cheshire, and a 20-year-old from Liverpool - had been arrested on suspicion of affray, and subsequently released on police bail.
"All four have now been notified by the police that, following advice from the Crown Prosecution Service, they will not face any further action."