Radamel Falcao has denied suggestions he could leave Atletico Madrid this summer despite Los Rojiblancos' failure to qualify for the Champions League.
Falcao, 26, enjoyed a hugely successful debut season in Spain, having joined from Porto last summer, scoring 35 goals, 12 of which helped guide Atleti to their second Europa League triumph in three years.
Interest in the Colombian is reportedly high, with the likes of Chelsea mooted as potential suitors, but Falcao has stressed he is keen to build on his recent success with Atletico next season.
He told Sport: "I am enjoying the moment with Atletico Madrid, I can't waste that. Moreover, I have four more years on my contract and I am only thinking about this.
"I think I am experiencing a special moment in my sporting career. I have obtained objectives that I had been thinking about for a long time, but I have a greater desire to continue growing and conquering other projects or dreams.''
However, Atleti's economic situation may force the sale of their prized asset as general manager Miguel Angel Gil hinted before Sunday's final round of league fixtures that failure to qualify for the Champions League would make it difficult to hold onto their better players, and Falcao is looking for clarity on the matter sooner rather than later.
"Obviously Gil said there was a necessity to qualify for the Champions League due to the economic side of things, but the club is making efforts to maintain the squad and we will have to wait and see how the make-up of the team is resolved in the coming months,'' he said