The FA have announced a decision in the case between Liverpool's Luis Suarez and Manchester United's Patrice Evra will not be made before Tuesday December 20th at the earliest.
Suarez, 24, was charged by the Football Association with abusing Evra and referring to his "ethnic origin and/or colour and/or race'', and has faced two days of disciplinary hearing. A verdict was expected on Friday, but the FA have now confirmed it won't be delivered until at least Tuesday.
The complaint was made after the 1-1 draw between the sides at Anfield on October 15, but formal proceedings in front of an independent three-man panel only started on Wednesday. More aspects of the case were discussed on Thursday.
Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish and the club have been fully supportive of their player. Indeed, Dalglish did not waver when asked about the case at his pre-match press conference ahead of Sunday's Premier League match at Aston Villa.
"We are standing right beside him and helping him as much as we possibly can,'' said the Scot. "We have said many times before we cannot say anything which will be prejudicial.
"After it's finished there is a chance to have a conversation. As I said last week the FA should have given you (the media) the information when everything was happening, not us.''
If Suarez, who has always denied the allegations, is found guilty he could be banned or fined, or both.