Chelsea news

Anelka future already decided

December 4, 2011
By ESPNsoccernet staff

Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka says he has accepted the decision to freeze him out of first-team training and that he knows where he will be when the transfer window reopens.

Nicolas Anelka
GettyImagesNicolas Anelka's career at Chelsea has come to an end

• Anelka and Alex on transfer list

Andre Villas-Boas confirmed on Saturday that the club had accepted transfer requests from both Anelka and Alex and said the duo had been assigned different training times to the first-team squad.

Anelka accepts that he will not feature again for the Blues and is now looking forward to moving on in January.

In a statement on his official website, Anelka wrote: "I've known for a little while where I'll be on January 2. The club, which is going through a difficult time, has decided to work with Chelsea's players of the future and, as I am a good professional, I have accepted this."

It appears Anelka could be headed for the MLS, with Montreal Impact coach Jesse Marsch confirming he has held talks with the striker.

"We did meet with Nicolas Anelka," he told Goal.com. "The discussions were very good. I think there was great potential for a good fit and I think there still is. I think the organisation is open to [being] committed to spending major dollars to bring in good players."