Internacional coy over Damiao interest
Internacional president Giovanni Luigi says he has "not been listening to offers" for Leandro Damiao or any other players, but refused to rule out considering approaches for the striker in the future.
Damiao, 22, has scored 22 goals in 26 games in the domestic league so far this season and his performances earned him a call-up to the Brazil national team in March, when he made his debut in a friendly against Scotland.
Porto are reportedly ready to swoop for the forward as a replacement for prolific Colombian Radamel Falcao, who moved to Atletico Madrid last week, but despite being coy on any future offers, Luigi insisted that Internacional are keen to keep hold of Damiao.
"We will see, we are going to wait. Right now, there is nothing about Damiao," he told Radio Gaucha. "We want him to stay, but I do not want to make a firm statement about this.
"I have not been listening to offers for any of our players, because they are really focused on Wednesday's match."
It is believed a fee of €20 million would be enough to tempt Internacional into parting with Damiao; the club rejected a bid of around €12 million from Tottenham in June.
"It was the first concrete offer we've had," Luigi confirmed when asked about Spurs' approach at the time. "I said I didn't want to sell now, but I think they will come back with another attempt. I warned that he'll only leave at the end of the year and for more money."