Brazilian midfielder Rafael Bastos has claimed he is "a hostage" to Saudi Arabian club Al Nassr amid a disagreement over unpaid wages.
Bastos, 29, joined Al Nassr in December 2012 but said he has not been paid by his employers, who have refused to grant him the visa that would enable him to leave the country.
Speaking to Tuttomercatoweb.com over the weekend, he said: "For more than three weeks, myself, my wife and two small children have been stuck here.
"The club has not given us a visa to leave the country. I was promised a really attractive salary when I signed with Al Nassr, and since I arrived I've have trained hard and I played with maximum energy. However, I’ve not seen a dime. It's been four months now.
"I've spoken with the management of the club, and initially I was told that I would be paid the following week. Since then I've written letters in vain. So I decided to give the club an ultimatum: Either you pay me or I go. They still have not paid me.
"They have broken my contract with the club, so I've asked for a new visa to go home because the old one had expired."
Bastos said he had asked the Brazilian embassy for help, but had not received a reply.
And he added: "I'm asking for help from the press, from fans, from anyone. I want people to know what is happening to me so that this doesn't happen again in the future. I'm a hostage to my club. It's really incredible."
He has also used Twitter to upload copies of letters he has sent to club officials.
aí esta a prova de como enviei a carta a pedir o visto de saída ao Al Nassr!!! pic.twitter.com/CU4ucMAIJY— Rafael Bastos (@rbastos16) December 30, 2013