Transfer news

Mario Balotelli exit reports rubbished

December 30, 2013
By ESPN staff

Mario Balotelli’s agent has denied that the Italy international wants to leave AC Milan next month.

Mario Balotelli
GettyImagesMario Balotelli had been linked with a winter move to Chelsea.

Paul: Problems facing Milan
• El Shaarawy out for 10 weeks

Balotelli joined the Rossoneri from Manchester City in January but, at the weekend, agent Mino Raiola was reported to have told The National that the 23-year-old “wishes to leave Milan in January.”

Raiola was also quoted as saying that Chelsea were “one of the options” for Balotelli, despite Jose Mourinho’s issues with the player when they were together at Inter Milan.

Those claims followed a report in Il Secolo XIX that said Milan president Silvio Berlusconi had decided to transfer list Balotelli, who has scored six goals in 12 Serie A games this season.

However, Milan released a statement on the club’s official website to “absolutely and firmly deny statements credited to the president of AC Milan” and added: “Mario Balotelli is and will remain an AC Milan player.”

Milan director Adriano Galliani also told Tuttomercatoweb on Monday: “My view is that Balotelli will not move from AC Milan.”

Raiola has now moved to insist he had not spoken to The National and that his client is happy at the San Siro.

The website of Sky Sport journalist Gianluca Di Marzio quoted the agent as saying: “I have not spoken with anyone. They are liars -- this is low-level journalism.

“I agree with what is reported on AC Milan’s official website with regard to the fact Balotelli is not available for transfer in January.”

Comments

Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your Facebook name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear with your comment, and may be used on ESPN's media platforms. Learn more.