Transfer news

Lyon reveal offers for Bafetimbi Gomis

December 3, 2013
By Ian Holyman, France Correspondent

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has revealed several clubs have made offers for France international striker Bafetimbi Gomis amid reported interest from West Ham United.

Bafetimbi Gomis
GettyImagesNewcastle had been close to signing Bafetimbi Gomis during the summer.

Aulas embarked on an unprecedented and at times surprisingly forceful campaign to provoke Gomis into leaving Lyon in the summer and allow the club to get some return on a player they paid Saint-Etienne 15 million euros for in 2009.

With a year left on his contract, Gomis, 28, dug in his heels, despite being left out of the first-team's preseason training camp, and has since returned to Remi Garde's squad.

However, Aulas told Canal Plus the forward, who was the club's top scorer last season, could still move in January with suitors, notably Premier League side West Ham, circling.

He said: "It's not impossible that several clubs have made an offer for Bafe. I'm not following those kinds of dossiers directly, but it's true that a certain number of offers have been made. Just like last year."

Comments

Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your Facebook name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear with your comment, and may be used on ESPN's media platforms. Learn more.