Manchester United will have to pay 17 million euros if they want to sign Montpellier attacking midfielder Remy Cabella, president Louis Nicollin has said.
On Thursday, Midi Libre reported that United had targeted Cabella, 23, who is one of Ligue 1's most exciting talents. It is not the first time the France under-21 international has been linked with a move to the Premier League champions, who now know what the French club will expect for their star asset.
"If they give us 17 million euros, we'll see," Nicollin said, suggesting Cabella could move before the end of the season.
"We have a deal with him that he leaves in June, not January. But everything can be negotiated, particularly with such a good little one."
Nicollin's comments follow those of Montpellier coach Jean Fernandez, who said last month that "if during the winter transfer window Manchester United offer 18 million euros, as I feel they will, he'll go. Even if it risks killing the team, we can't say no."
In response to a question about his long-term future last week, Cabella, who has five goals and two assists to his name this season, said: "A departure can always happen in either January or next summer -- of course you think about it.
"But I belong to a team, and for the moment I'm 100 percent focused on Montpellier. It's still too soon to talk about it."