Transfer news

Allegri: Mario Balotelli not leaving

October 30, 2013
By ESPN staff

AC Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri has insisted that Mario Balotelli will not be sold in the January transfer window.

Paul: Balotelli talk overshadows Lazio preparations

Balotelli signed for Milan for around £19 million in the last winter transfer window, bringing to an end his time at Manchester City.

The Italy international has impressed with his goalscoring form since joining the club, but recently his future has been the subject of conjecture.

Balotelli's agent Mina Raiola recently claimed his client is unhappy with the bad press he is receiving, while a former police officer has been assigned to act as personal assistant in a bid to keep him out of trouble off the field.

Allegri, though, has no concerns about Balotelli and has insisted the forward will not be leaving the San Siro.

"He will not leave in January," Allegri told the club's official website. "Absolutely not. I think Mario should be left in peace. It's not difficult to manage him.

"There's far too much discussion of the man's private life. I think that Balotelli should be judged for what he does on the pitch like all other players."

Conjecture regarding Balotelli's future was intensified when he was substituted during the 3-2 defeat to Parma, but Allegri has attempted to calm any overreaction.

"It happens that players play badly but if you are Mario then everything is blown out of proportion," Allegri said. "Mario didn't play well against Parma but I'm sure he will make amends against Lazio.

"He scored 12 goals in 13 games [for Milan] last year. In the first half of the season he has done great things."

Comments

Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your Facebook name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear with your comment, and may be used on ESPN's media platforms. Learn more.