Antonio Conte hits out at media
Juventus coach Antonio Conte has warned reporters to “stop getting personal” after he denied an alleged dispute with the club’s general manager Beppe Marotta.
• Rzouki: Back to winning ways
Speaking after his side’s 2-0 win against Genoa, Conte provided his own opinion on the big talking point in the build-up to Sunday’s game, and said the row had been invented out of nothing by the media.
“Newspapers, TV and you at Sky are circulating rumours to try to undermine us,” Conte said in a live link-up with the studio of Sky television, before launching an attack on a pundit he blamed for initiating the unfounded stories.
“Let’s not joke about it, I’ve been told that Giorgio Porra said in a programme that there was a rift between me and the Bianconeri management. These voices are spread to undermine us and I’ve had enough of this nonsense, like that I’ve argued with Marotta.”
Porra took his right to reply by claiming his words had been taken out of context, and that all he was doing was interpreting previous comments made by Conte and the club’s president Andrea Agnelli.
Conte hit back at his interpretation, however, telling Porra to “stop talking nonsense” and to focus on the facts rather than fabricate rumours.
“I’m not only referring to you, but you must not get personal,” Conte said. “Talk about football, how my team plays, but don’t invent things about my relationship with the club.
“I’m such a clean and open person that if I have to say things to the club, I say them to their face. The things you are saying are total fabrications and I don’t accept accusations on a personal level.”