Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho will not contest his improper conduct charge and said he will “accept the fine”.
• Worrall: Schalke swept aside
The Blues boss had been sent to the stands over a disagreement with the officials, which appeared to be sparked when referee Anthony Taylor warned Branislav Ivanovic against time-wasting when taking a throw-in.
At a news conference on Monday, Mourinho had expressed his frustration at Cardiff’s own time-wasting during the match but, after reading the referee’s report, he confirmed he will not dispute the charge.
He is now set to be given a fine rather than a touchline ban and expects to be on the touchline for Sunday’s meeting with Manchester City at Stamford Bridge.
“What the referee wrote is true,” Mourinho said after Tuesday night's 3-0 win against Schalke. “I was not aggressive, I was not offensive. I just had a disagreement. That in the game is resolved with 'shut up and sit down'. [You] don't need to go to the stands.
“I accept the fine and against Manchester City I can work.”
He said Taylor’s report is “honest and fair” and added: “What he writes is exactly what happened and exactly why I didn't understand why I went to the stands, and it's exactly why the punishment is just a fine.”