Fresh from a first call-up to the French senior squad, Sevilla midfielder Geoffrey Kondogbia has admitted that his representatives are in discussions with other clubs.
Kondogbia, 20, played a key role in helping France win the Under-20 World Cup last month and he was rewarded on Thursday with a place in the senior set-up for next week’s friendly against Belgium.
The former Lens player has been linked with a host of clubs in recent months, including Arsenal and Chelsea, but Real Madrid are thought to be the favourites to capture his signature.
"For the moment, I’m in Seville," he told L’Equipe. "I know that there are discussions between my agents and other clubs but for now I’m concentrating on my return to action."
Midfielders Yohan Cabaye, Blaise Matuidi and Paul Pogba were all left out of the French squad that will travel to Brussels next week since they are suspended for next month’s World Cup qualifier against Georgia.
Despite the expectation that they would be excluded, Kondogbia said he had not been counting on being called up by France manager Didier Deschamps.
"No, I was a little bit surprised," he explained. "I think that my good performance in the Under-20 World Cup must have played a role. Even if I finished the competition exhausted, I had quite a good tournament.
"Initially I’ll be there to observe how things work and to get my bearings. But if I’m there, it’s because the coach knows what I’m capable of. I hope to be able to live up to his expectations."