Chelsea target Bruma has revealed that he will be terminating his contract with Sporting Lisbon and moving on to seek a new challenge in his career.
The 18-year-old has attracted plenty of interest around Europe following some impressive displays for Portugal at the Under-20 World Cup.
The winger’s agent confirmed on Thursday that Chelsea and Galatasaray had both made offers for his client’s services, which were subsequently rejected by Sporting, who believe the player has triggered an automatic renewal clause in his contract.
However, Bruma's lawyer, Bebiano Gomes, says Bruma’s deal expired at the end of last month and he is free to discuss his future without the Portuguese club’s consent.
"Now Bruma heads totally out of Sporting. If the case goes through the courts, no problem," Gomes told TVI.
And Bruma has since confirmed that he will cancel his contract with Sporting, meaning he will now be available on a free transfer.
"I deeply regret the outcome of this matter. I did everything to stay at Sporting and I made it clear to my representatives to try to reach an agreement. But after all this time, Sporting did little for me to renew," he told A Bola.
"I want to avoid any sort of controversy with Sporting and especially with the fans. I am a professional and I will continue my career."