Transfer news

Blackpool accept Cardiff bid for Ince

June 30, 2013
By ESPN staff

Cardiff have had an offer for highly rated Blackpool midfielder Tom Ince accepted.

Championship
PA PhotosTom Ince is one of the most sought-after players in the Championship

Ince, 21, has previously been linked with Liverpool but newly promoted Cardiff have stolen a march in the race for his signature, the player’s father Paul – who is manager of Blackpool – has confirmed.

“Cardiff have come in massively for Thomas, the chairman's accepted the offer,'' Paul Ince revealed on Blackpool's official Youtube channel.

“I'm not sure what the offer is because I've been away, but that's been accepted, so it's a case of when he comes back next week, Thomas, we'll sit down and see what he wants to do.''

Ince is one of the most sought-after players in the Championship but his father insists the midfielder’s days at Bloomfield Road are not definitely numbered.

“He loves it here. He said to me, 'I'm in no rush to get to the Premiership, I'm in no rush to leave Blackpool’,” Paul said. “I think it's 50-50 at the moment. It's a tricky one for me because obviously you want your son to be playing in the Premiership, but you obviously want your son to be playing with you.

“I feel as far as improvement there's still a long way for Thomas to go and will he get that if he went to the Premiership? I'm not too sure. I know what he needs because he's grown up with me. Another year wouldn't hurt him at Blackpool.''

Cardiff are looking to strengthen their squad ahead of a first top-flight campaign in 51 years following their promotion as winners of the Championship last season.