Transfer news

Ajax: Dortmund yet to bid for Eriksen

May 29, 2013
By Stephan Uersfeld, Germany Correspondent

Ajax sporting director Marc Overmars has denied Borussia Dortmund have put in an offer for midfielder Christian Eriksen.

Christian Eriksen
GettyImagesEriksen looks set to leave Amsterdam this summer

Eriksen, 21, said earlier this month that he would welcome a move to the Westfalenstadion, while Ajax coach Frank de Boer revealed there had been contact between the two clubs.

Reports in Denmark and the Netherlands then suggested Ajax and Dortmund were only €3 million apart in their valuation of the Denmark international, with the German side offering €12 million and the Dutch champions seeking €15 million.

There have also been claims that BVB sporting director Michael Zorc was to meet with Overmars later this week in an attempt to secure an agreement.

However, Overmars has now told voetbalzone.nl: “Danish newspapers ran numerous stories about a concrete offer, but Dortmund have not contacted us.”

Eriksen, who has also been linked with a move to Liverpool, is viewed as a potential replacement for Mario Gotze, who has agreed a move to Bayern Munich.