Bundesliga news

Hunt coy over Bremen future

March 21, 2013
By Stephan Uersfeld, Germany Correspondent

Werder Bremen midfielder Aaron Hunt says he is unsure what the future holds for him when his contract at the club runs out in 2014.

Aaron Hunt
EmpicsAaron Hunt has recently lost his place in the Werder Bremen team

Hunt, 26, who has found himself on the Bremen bench of late, is reportedly keen to prolong his stay at the Bundesliga club beyond the expiry date of his current deal.

However, recent negotiations between the two parties are believed to have stalled and the Germany international admits he is not in a rush to make a decision on his future.

"There have been negotiations. But I am in no hurry as I am under contract until 2014," he told kicker. "It is not certain that I will stay here whatever happens and end my career at Bremen. I have a certain idea on which I will hinge my future on."

Despite impressing for a struggling Bremen side earlier in the season, Hunt has recently been dropped by under-pressure coach Thomas Schaaf at the expense of a more defensive approach.

The midfielder says he did not see the change in tactics coming but could understand his boss' decision to change Bremen's approach.

"I was a bit surprised," Hunt said. "But I was prepared as we had been training with this formation. There have been indications. In the end the coach decides which way. We had to do something. We had problems working in defence, the coach wanted to give us new stability."

Meanwhile, with the 2004 German double winners set to announce another financial loss this season, several players, such as Marko Arnautovic and Kevin De Bruyne, have been linked with a move away from the Westerstadion.

"There are many questions marks," Hunt said. "It would be a shame if our key players were to leave us."