Tito Vilanova will remain in charge of Barcelona next season, sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta said Thursday.
"Tito will arrive at the end of March, I don't know if it will be March 25th, we have to be prudent with the date," Zubizarreta said of Vilanova's return to Barcelona. "After that, he will set the agenda. If he wants his first day to be in the morning, afternoon or evening, then fine. He decides. "Tito is very well. His appearance, his mood, weight, everything...if you saw him in the street, aside from his scarf, you would think he is in perfect health," Zubizarreta said. "But we know that these types of treatments wear you down. We're happy with how the process is going."
Vilanova, who replaced Pep Guardiola last summer, has missed the majority of Barca's matches this year as he undergoes treatment in New York to combat a saliva gland tumor. Vilanova had a second surgery in December. Assistant Jordi Roura has taken charge of the team.
Vilanova, 44, is set to return to Barcelona at the end of the month.
Earlier this week, Barcelona sealed its place in Champions League quarterfinals after overcoming a 2-0 first-leg deficit to beat AC Milan 4-2 on aggregate.
The club is also 13 points clear of second-placed Real Madrid in La Liga standings.