Western Sydney have denied reports they're set to announce Shinji Ono will re-sign for the A-League club next season.Reports emerged on Friday the 33-year-old Japanese star had put to pen to paper for the 2013/14 season with the club to formally announce the contract extension on Monday."There's definitely not going to be any announcement on Monday or even next week," a Wanderers spokesman told AAP on Friday."We are close to a deal but it won't be announced on Monday."The deal was reported to worth close to $750,000 - significantly more than his first-year deal of $600,000.The news comes just a week after Sydney FC announced they'd secured Italian superstar Alessandro Del Piero for next season.Like Del Piero, Ono has delighted crowds with his sublime skill this season, emerging as one of the best imports to the league.Coach Tony Popovic has always maintained a contract extension was on the cards, saying recently confirmation was imminent."We believe we're close," he said a week ago."He's very happy and we believe it's just the final details now."We want him here, he wants to stay and that's the main thing."Ono is said to have received various offers, with Chinese club Shenzhen Ruby among those interested.But the former Japan international and Feyenoord star looks to have settled in Sydney, living in the inner-west suburb of Rhodes close to where the Wanderers play in Parramatta.Ono has so far contributed six goals and three assists this campaign.