Transfer news

Milan rule out Kaka and Drogba deals

January 26, 2013
By ESPN staff

AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani has said there is no prospect of Kaka or Didier Drogba joining the club this month.

Kaka
AssociatedReal Madrid are looking to offload Kaka

- Zaccardo excited by Milan challenge

Milan had been in negotiations with Real Madrid over a deal to take Kaka, who moved to the Bernabeu in 2009, back to Italy, but the financial aspects of the deal - both the player’s valuation and his wages - had represented a significant obstacle and Galliani recently said that talks had broken down.

Jose Mourinho had indicated that he was still hopeful a deal could be agreed, yet Galliani maintains that the 30-year-old will not return to the club.

“There is no chance of getting Kaka now,” Galliani told Sky Sport Italia. “We are no longer working on it.”

Galliani also said Shanghai Shenhua striker Didier Drogba would not be moving to the San Siro.

Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri had expressed an interest in signing the 34-year-old, but it would appear that financial considerations have scuppered any deal.

“For now, we are staying as we are,” Galliani said.

Reports suggest that Milan have set their sights on 16-year-old Nice striker Neal Maupay, who is rumoured to be valued at around €1.5 million.