Transfer news

Milan begin talks over Kaka move

January 17, 2013
By Adam Digby, Italy Correspondent

AC Milan have announced that they have begun negotiations with Real Madrid over the possibility of Kaka returning on loan.

Kaka
GettyImagesKaka could be on his way back to Milan

The club’s official Milan Channel said the 30-year-old Brazilian and his representatives met Rossoneri officials on Thursday and confirmed that Milan president Silvio Berlusconi and Madrid’s Florentino Perez have begun to discuss potential terms.

The news comes a day after Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani said any move for Kaka, who won the 2007 Ballon d’Or whilst with the Serie A giants, was “impossible because of his wages.

Kaka played for the Rossoneri from 2003 to 2009 before moving to Real for €68.5 million.

Since then, however, he has struggled to find his best form, undergoing surgery on his knee and falling victim to a string of injuries.

He has made just seven league appearances under Jose Mourinho this term and told Sky Italia he hoped Real and Milan could agree a deal.

“A future for me at Milan? I have a contract at Real Madrid, but the present situation is not good for me or Real,” he said on Wednesday. “I’m at the club's disposal, but the two sides have to come to an agreement. I’m still very thankful to Milan - I love the city and I have many friends here. I’m open to any solution, and I’ve already told this to Real Madrid.”

Galliani told Sky Sport Italia on Thursday: “I have no news to give you today. It’s true, I was very, very pleased with Kaka’s words. There is contact with Real Madrid, but at the moment I haven’t got any news for you.”

Asked if a deal was possible, he replied: “It will be difficult, very difficult. How hard will I try? We’ll see.”