Premier League news

Becks won't rule out Premier League return

November 29, 2012
By ESPN staff

David Beckham has said he will not rule out a return to the Premier League as he brings down the curtain on his spell at LA Galaxy, although he admits it would be unlikely.

David Beckham
GettyImagesDavid Beckham: QPR are keen to sign him

• Blog: How will the MLS cope?

Former England captain Beckham, 37, has already been linked with a move to struggling QPR, whose new manager, Harry Redknapp, has spoken of his desire to sign him.

But Beckham, who spent six years at Galaxy, is also thought to have received offers from the Australian A-League and clubs in China and Brazil, while Zlatan Ibrahimovic has urged him to join Paris St Germain.

He told Sky Sports News: "I'm lucky. At the age of 37, I've been offered some quite exciting options and there are a few options on the table."

The midfielder has previously said he would not be keen to play for any other Premier League side than Manchester United, with whom he enjoyed so much success, and added: "I always said I'd struggle to come back and play in England because I've played for the biggest club in the world and biggest club in England - Manchester United.

"So I couldn't see myself playing for any other Premier League club, but you never know. I've got options on the table."

Beckham trained with Spurs in 2011, while Redknapp was manager at White Hart Lane, with a view to a potential loan move, and the QPR boss was lavish in his praise for the player's ability and attitude.

"I spent a few months with Harry at Tottenham, and he doesn't have to say those things," Beckham said. "It's nice to see them talking about me in such a nice way."