Transfer news

Pereira keen on Italian move

July 2, 2012
By ESPN staff

Porto full-back Alvaro Pereira has confirmed he would welcome a move to Serie A amid reports Napoli are closing in on a deal.

Alvaro Pereira
AssociatedAlvaro Pereira has been linked with a host of clubs around Europe

Uruguay international Pereira, 26, had been targeted by Chelsea last summer and there are rumours that the Blues, along with Juventus and Paris Saint-Germain, maintain an interest in the player.

Napoli, though, are believed to be closest to a deal and Pereira has suggested he would be open to the move.

"The Italian league attracts me, but I don't know what's going to happen," he told Sky Sport24. "I'm in South America at the moment but I will return to Portugal to talk with FC Porto to decide my future.

"For now, I'm an FC Porto player."

Pereira, a left-sided player capable of operating in midfield or defence, is said to have a €30 million release clause.