Transfer news

Harry reveals Tevez bid

April 28, 2012
By ESPN staff

Harry Redknapp has revealed Tottenham failed with a bid for Carlos Tevez in the January transfer window.

Carlos Tevez tackle
GettyImagesCarlos Tevez could start for City against United in the Manchester derby on Monday

Argentina international Tevez was surplus to requirements at City in January, having gone AWOL following a bust-up with club officials earlier in the season.

City attempted to offload Tevez in January, but Italian giants AC Milan and Inter Milan failed to come up with suitable offers. It would appear Spurs were also in the hunt, but Redknapp has revealed his "dream" failed to turn into reality.

Speaking to the Sun, Redknapp said: "I said to the chairman Daniel Levy 'Can you get me Tevez?' That was my dream and so in January that's what I asked. It wasn't possible but that was my dream.

"The chairman would have loved Tevez but it wasn't do-able because his wages are whatever they are, £200,000-a-week. Daniel made some enquiries about Tevez and if he could have done it, the chairman would have.

"It was me thinking 'Tevez ... he's not in the team, he's fallen out with Roberto Mancini'. You don't know unless you ask. It was just a little try."