Transfer news

Torres plans to stay put

March 30, 2012
By ESPNsoccernet staff

Anzhi Makhachkala have not made a bid for Fernando Torres and the striker intends to see out his contract with Chelsea, according to his management company.

Fernando Torres
GettyImagesFernando Torres has been linked with a big-money move to Russia

• Torres' management hits out at AVB

It was claimed in the English press on Friday morning that Anzhi were ready to make a £45 million bid for Torres, after having reportedly been informed that a £35 million offer would be rejected out of hand.

Antonio Sanz, a representative from the Bahia International agency, had been quoted as saying that Torres could move on, apparently telling Pagine Romaniste they would "evaluate his future in the coming months", but he has now told El Mundo Deportivo that no bids have been received and that the player plans to stay put.

"Fernando intends to see out his four-year contract," Sanz said. "He is much happier playing under Di Matteo and is enjoying more opportunities."

• The ESPNsoccernet App is available now on the Apple App Store, and is coming soon for Android and Windows Phone users.