Bayern Munich sporting director Christian Nerlinger is confident Arjen Robben will commit to a contract extension in the near future.
Robben, 28, is out of contract in 2013 and there had been doubts as to whether he would remain at the club beyond the summer after expressing frustration with life at the club.
Robben's father had said that there was interest in the Netherlands international from sides in the Premier League, but the player recently told Bild he had held "good meetings" with Bayern over his contract and Nerlinger has now revealed he expects an agreement to be in place soon.
"We are well on our way," he told Sport Bild. "Arjen looks like his old self. We have always known, quite clearly, that we want to keep Arjen Robben."
Bayern president Karl-Heinz Rummenigge is said to be willing to offer Robben £170,000 a week, and he has also underlined the importance of retaining the player. "Arjen can make all the difference in a team," he said. "That's why I want him to stay."
Robben has been in inspirational form in recent weeks, scoring seven goals in his last three Bayern games as well as netting a brace for Netherlands in their 3-2 victory over England at Wembley on February 29.