Inter Milan news

Capello rules out Inter

March 12, 2012
By ESPNsoccernet staff

Fabio Capello insists there is no possibility he could take charge of Inter Milan.

Fabio Capello
GettyImagesFabio Capello has been linked with the Russia job

• Moratti desperate to beat Marseille
• Ranieri delighted after overdue win
• Moratti: Ranieri has complete support

Capello had been linked with Inter even before his resignation as England manager, and Inter's recent struggles had seen speculation intensify.

There had been reports that Capello had held a meeting with Inter owner Massimo Moratti, but the 65-year-old former AC Milan and Juventus boss insists there is no possibility that he will lead the Nerazzurri.

"I heard that I met Moratti in London - it is a lie," he told Sky Sport24. "I don't know what I will do in the future but I can 100% rule out a future at Inter."

Claudio Ranieri has said he remains confident that he will remain in charge of the club until the end of the season regardless.

It has been suggested that Moratti could lose patience with the coach should Inter fail to overcome Marseille in the Champions League on Tuesday, but Ranieri remains upbeat.

"I've never had that sensation, never," Ranieri said. "My future counts for nothing. I'm the Inter coach this season - I don't see why my future should depend on tomorrow."

Inter lost the first leg 1-0, and Ranieri knows it may be tough to turn it around at the San Siro.

"It won't be easy to go forwards in the Champions League as Marseille are a good team, but we will do our all to get past the next stage," he said. "There will be a full stadium, the fans will push us and I'm sure that the side won't betray them.

"We have to stay focused - that will be fundamental as we can't afford to concede. Our win [at Chievo on Friday] has improved our morale, the squad is strong and we are in good shape."