Everton have confirmed the arrival of Croatia striker Nikica Jelavic on a four-and-a-half year deal from Rangers.
Jelavic, 26, underwent a medical at Goodison Park on Tuesday before the deal was announced on the Toffees' official website during their Premier League clash with Manchester City.
The former Hadjuk Split and Rapid Vienna frontman has been one of Rangers leading lights since arriving at Ibrox in 2010, scoring 36 goals in 55 games.
The undisclosed fee is thought to be in the region of £8 million, with the Gers having rejected a £7 million offer from West Ham last week.
Jelavic said he was delighted to get the opportunity to test himself in the Premier League after 18 months in the Scottish top flight.
"It is a big thing for me and it is a new step in my career, a step forward,'' he said. "I am very pleased and very excited, it is a new challenge for me.
"The Scottish Premier League is not as high a level as here in England but I think it will help a lot as it is not so much a big difference. I think I can bring some good football and to score many goals and to try to win some trophies.''
Asked what his best attribute was, Jelavic added: "Scoring goals. In the last couple of seasons my record has shown that and hopefully I can continue that at Everton.
"I can promise to the fans and people at the club I will do my best and score as many goals as possible,'' he said. "I only found out about the move a few days ago and it is a dream come true.
"I know Everton are an outstanding Premier League club, even thought this season they are not in as good a position.''
Rangers chairman Craig Whyte earlier defended the sale of the club's prized asset, saying: "One, the player wanted to leave and there is no point in trying to keep a player who no longer wants to be at Ibrox.
"Two, the club is simply not in a financial position to turn down offers for players which give the club a good return on its original investment ... The timing of Jelavic's departure so late in this window is far from ideal and efforts to improve the squad will continue until the transfer window closes."
Jelavic, Everton's third January signing after Darron Gibson and Landon Donovan, was paraded in front of the Goodison Park faithful on Tuesday night.