Transfer talk

Milan plot revised bid for Tevez

January 18, 2012
By Harry Harris, Football Correspondent

AC Milan's floundering bid to sign want-away Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez is expected to "go to the wire" as the Serie A side put together a revised deal.

Carlos Tevez
GettyImagesCarlos Tevez: Somebody please sign him

Tevez, who is still AWOL in Argentina, has already agreed personal terms with Milan but City have rejected various offers from the Italian club and continue to hold out for a transfer worth around €30 million.

Milan had hoped that Pato's move to PSG could help fund their Tevez bid, but that deal fell through last week. However, a source close to the negotiations told ESPNsoccernet that Milan are expected to put together a new offer for Tevez.

The source said: "It now looks as though Carlos Tevez has agreed personal terms with AC Milan, but Milan have not agreed a fee with City. Inter were serious bidders, and it's no secret that they offered €25 million and it was rejected by City.

"AC Milan offered something similar and they are sure to return with a bid that might prove acceptable. Alternatively Inter could make a bigger bid or PSG could finally make a bid, as they haven't as yet.

"Then if that is acceptable, it would leave the player in a tricky situation because City won't sell for a lesser price, and the player might not wish to move to anywhere other than AC Milan having agreed personal terms with them already."

The only possible solution is that AC Milan offer close to the €30 million asking price that might include add-ons, and then the longest running transfer sage in football will finally come to a conclusion.