Dear readers, our favourite national football tournament is indeed losing its north. We La Liga followers used to have a nice, enjoyable, predictable life. You'd wake up in the morning under the complete certainty that, even if the rest of our daily endeavours were chaotic and unforeseeable, our preferred and, more importantly, extremely dependable football competition would be indeed led by one of only two sides. Paraphrasing the great Benjamin Franklin, nothing could be said to be certain except death, taxes and Barcelona or Real Madrid leading La Liga.
2. Villarreal (18th) - Rayo Vallecano (9th): X.
3. Barcelona (3rd) - Mallorca (13th): 1.
4. Real Sociedad (15th) - Real Madrid (2nd): 2.
5. Sporting de Gijón (17th) - Athletic de Bilbao (8th):
2. 6. Osasuna (11th)- Levante (1st): 1.
7. Racing de Santander (19th) - Betis (10th): X.
8. Atletico de Madrid (12th) - Zaragoza (14th): 1.
9. Málaga (7th) - Espanyol (6th): 1.
10. Sevilla (5th) - Granada (20th): 1. Last week: 4/10 (50%) Season: 36/70 (51%)