Soccernet Quiniela - Week 7 - Quiniela Busters
Based on endless seasons of analysis and study, this column can safely differentiate between two types of quiniela busters. The first variation includes Barcelona or Real Madrid playing against any team in the bottom half of the table, and not getting the overly expected three points.Last weekend provided us with an excellent example of the second type: a solid squad in their home turf hosts a consistently poor away side and lose. Against all odds, including mine, Espanyol defeated Mallorca in the beautiful island, winning their first away match of the season against a team that was so far undefeated at Son Moix. Last season, Espanyol only managed two away wins, while Mallorca only lost once at their own stadium. And even though all possible stats looked against the periquitos, they got a courageous win despite having lost his striker Osvaldo in the 35th minute of the first half. The question is: how can we spot these quiniela busters? I am not really sure, but I'll take my chances every week. From now on, this column will choose our weekly quiniela buster and that's that. Let's start. As usual, it's '1' for a home win, 'X' for a draw and '2' for an away win. 1. Zaragoza (20th) - Barcelona (3rd): 2.
1. Zaragoza (20th) - Barcelona (3rd): 2.
2. Real Madrid (1st) - Racing de Santander (16th): 1.
3. Valencia (4th) - Mallorca (11th): 1.
4. Getafe (9th) - Sporting de Gijon (12th): 1.
5. Osasuna (18th) - Malaga (14th): 2.
6. Almería (17th) - Hercules (10th): 1.
7. Espanyol (6th) - Levante (13th): 2.
8. Sevilla (7th) - Athletic de Bilbao (8th): X.
9. Villarreal (2nd) - Atletico de Madrid (5th): 1.
10. Real Sociedad (16th) - Deportivo de La Coruna (19th): 1.
Last week: 5/10 (50%) Season: 31/60 (51%)