Stewart Downing is in line for a move to Newcastle United, with Liverpool set to make a £15 million loss on the midfielder, according to reports.
23.55 BST: What a way to end today's On The Move!! You won't want to miss tomorrow's edition.
23.10 BST: And here's more Suarez, this time in the Telegraph: "I want to move to play in the Champions League and there is a club offering me that opportunity," he said. "I have told the manager that I want to leave the club."
23.00 BST: And here's Suarez speaking to the Guardian: "Last year I had the opportunity to move to a big European club and I stayed on the understanding that if we failed to qualify for the Champions League the following season I'd be allowed to go," he revealed. "I gave absolutely everything last season but it was not enough to give us a top-four finish – now all I want is for Liverpool to honour our agreement."
22.47 BST: Speaking of the Uruguayan, Liverpool's John Henry has been speaking at a supporters' club meeting in Oslo tonight, reiterating that Suarez is not for sale.
He's said: "I don't know why people ask us if we are selling the club or the best players because we are not. We like to buy stuff, not to sell. We are not selling our best player."
22.30 BST: Meanwhile, the Guardian is apparently about to reveal "an explosive interview" with Luis Suarez.
22.19 BST: Tottenham hit back (ish)!
21.57 BST: It is being reported by SBI that Juan Agudelo has signed a pre-contract agreement with Stoke.
21.24 BST: Remember you can have your say on all the hearsay via the comments at the foot of this live blog.
20.45 BST: Manchester United have again failed to impress during pre-season as substitute Angelo Henriquez has spared their blushes with an equaliser in the Premier League champions' 1-1 friendly draw with AIK in Stockholm this evening. Time to get the chequebook out, Moyes?
20.14 BST: A friendly reminder that ESPN FC's Premier Fantasy is back for the new season. Sign up now to pick your starting squad for your chance to win. PLAY HERE.
19.40 BST: This will certainly being a smile to fans of Spurs...
Thank you to all Spurs fans for your warm welcome and your support.I hope to pay you back with a season full of success— Roberto Soldado (@R9Soldado) August 6, 2013
19.15 BST: Tottenham Hotspur non-executive director Sir Keith Mills has told the Evening Standard it is "very difficult" to ensure an unsettled player remains at the club, amid speculation over Gareth Bale's future. Full story.
18.48 BST: Read into this what you will...
Today has been that day....you try to do some good and ya hands get tied...— Rio Ferdinand (@rioferdy5) August 6, 2013
18.25 BST: Tuttosport believes AC Milan will finally secure the signature of Keisuke Honda from CSKA Moscow today.
17.59 BST: Denmark coach Morten Olsen has told Nicklas Bendtner he must secure a move away from Arsenal before returning to international duty. "We are all hoping he sorts it out," he said.
17.30 BST: Rio Ferdinand has told BBC Sport that Manchester United players follow the transfer speculation just like anyone else.
He said: "We come in and look at the papers or social media or whatever and say 'so and so has bought so and so, what do you think, what do you think, is he any good? I don't think he'll be any good, he'll be a great big waste of money. It's just like four fellas sitting in a pub. We're just sitting in a training ground doing it [instead]. People don't expect it because we're players."
Wonder what they make of the Wayne Rooney and Cesc Fabregas stories?
17.15 BST: Leandro Damiao’s agent has explained the reasons behind the Brazil international's failed transfer to Napoli and said the Tottenham, Southampton and Roma target is “waiting” for a move to surface.
Vinicus Prates told TMW: “There were negotiations with Napoli, but the inherent difficulties tied in to sponsorship contracts and image rights made it impossible to reach a deal with Aurelio De Laurentiis. The club preferred to turn to Higuain, so now Damiao is working hard with Internacional while he waits for a great proposal from Europe.”
17.00 BST: Swansea City have announced that Nathan Dyer has signed a new four-year contract. Full story here
16.39 BST: It looks as though playmaker Adel Taarabt’s mooted and very localised season-long loan move from QPR to Fulham is getting closer – Sky Sports have reported that he has passed a Craven Cottage medical.
16.30 BST: Defender Rafael Floro, 19, has joined Sheffield Wednesday on a one-year contract after spending a successful pre-season with the Yorkshire club. The Portuguese left-back played for Porto at youth level.
15.32 BST: Newcastle United are reported to have cooled talk that Liverpool's Stewart Downing could be arriving at St James’ Park imminently, with their priority thought to be to bring in another striker before addressing other areas of the team. The Magpies continue to be strongly linked with both Lyon’s Bafetimbi Gomis and Darren Bent of Aston Villa. And given that we've spoken about Downing a bit today, here he is:
15.21 BST - DONE DEAL: ROONEY NEWS - Swindon winger Luke Rooney (no relation) has joined Crawley Town on loan until January. The 22-year-old ex-Gillingham player was signed for Swindon by their former manager Paolo Di Canio.
15.15 BST: Ronaldinho has said he does not want to leave Brazilian club Atletico Mineiro after speculation linked him with a switch to Besiktas. He told Superesportes: "I am not thinking of anything except Atletico Mineiro. I am very happy here, and I'll see out my contract.”
14.55 BST - DONE DEAL: Manchester City defender Reece Wabara has joined Championship Doncaster Rovers on a one-month loan deal. Last season, he played on loan for Oldham – then under the management of Doncaster boss Paul Dickov – scoring the winning goal against Liverpool in the FA Cup.
14.35 BST: Well, that was short-lived: Tahiti international Steevy Chong Hue is no longer on trial at Lorient, the club have told the BBC. The striker spent a short trial spell in France after playing at the Confederations Cup.
14.20 BST: Benfica striker Oscar Cardozo has said he wants to leave the club after being linked with Premier League newcomers Cardiff and Russian outfits Spartak Moscow and Zenit St Petersburg.
13.59 BST: Tahiti international Steevy Chong Hue is having trials with Ligue 1 side Lorient and said: "After the Confederations Cup, I hoped that I would have a chance like this. Now it's up to me to go right to the end."
13.56 BST: And more on Suarez – although all the noises about signing him have so far been made b Arsenal, Real Madrid – a club he has said he would like to join – have not given up on signing him, according to the Evening Standard.
13.32 BST - DONE DEAL: Aldershot Town, of the Conference Premier, have signed 18-year-old Portsmouth defender Adam Webster on loan until January.
12.59 BST: Middlesbrough seem to be intent on freshening things up at the moment: first, they have had a bid for Bristol City’s Albert Adomah accepted and now, along with Blackpool, they are keen to sign Leeds United striker Ross McCormack.
12.55 BST: Hoffenheim striker Eren Derdiyok, who scored only once for the club last season, appears to be heading for the exit and has said he would rather join Hamburg than Serie A club Torino. The Switzerland international has been linked with both but told Bild: “Joining Torino is not an option for me. I am not keen on playing in Serie A, and Torino is a club that is always in the bottom half of the table."
12.25 BST: It seems the summer of Suarez-to-leave rumour and counter-rumour hasn't dented his popularity on Merseyside all that much:
12.05 BST: And here's another in the long line of Cesc Fabregas-related snippets:
Fabregas apparently set to do a club press conference later in week. I still reckon United being used in push for a new, better Barca deal.— Dermot Corrigan (@dermotmcorrigan) August 6, 2013
12.00 BST: Here's a speaks-for-itself response to the hitch-hit Newcastle/Bafetimbi Gomis situation:
Thanks 4 all the support that u guys give me, sadly the decision to come join u is not my own its more complicated. Excuse 4 my translation— Bafétimbi Gomis (@BafGomis) August 6, 2013
11.57 BST: Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Iago Falque has said Gareth Bale has all the attributes needed to be a huge success at Real Madrid. Bale, 24, has reportedly set his heart on a move to the Bernabeu, and former Spain Under-21 midfielder Falque, who joined Tottenham after spells in the youth systems at both Barcelona and Juventus, told Cadena SER radio show El Larguero that Bale had both the talent and the hunger to achieve great things with the Spanish giants.
11.51 BST: Chelsea midfielder Lucas Piazon, 19, is being linked with a loan move to Netherlands club Vitesse Arnhem on loan.
11.45 BST: Nottingham Forest are awaiting developments as they attempt to bring defender Kelvin Wilson back to the club from Celtic. Wilson was part of the squad that travelled for Celtic’s Champions League qualifier against Elfsborg, but Forest are ready to increase their efforts to sign him after having a £1.5 million bid rejected.
11.15 BST: Nice midfielder Nampalys Mendy has said there is “nothing, nothing at all” in speculation that he has an agreement in place to move to Manchester United in the future. The 21-year-old, who joined Nice from Monaco amid reports of interest from United, told L'Equipe: "I preferred Nice because the coach talked to me and I liked it. I didn't hesitate."
11.06 BST: Darren Fletcher hopes Wayne Rooney won’t be leaving Manchester United. "You do worry he might leave because he's a fantastic football player," Fletcher said. "Me personally, I hope he stays because he has been fantastic for Manchester United and a big part of all we have achieved in the last nine, ten years since I have been in the squad."
11.00 BST: Here’s the latest on Luis Suarez: He is considering legal action in a bid to resolve his dispute with Liverpool and force through an exit.
To recap, Arsenal have had two bids for the striker rejected - including an offer of £40,000,001, made in the apparent belief that the sum would trigger a release clause in the 26-year-old's contract. Liverpool maintain that they do not have to sell Suarez at that price, and only have to inform him of any bids of more than £40 million. But the Uruguay international believes he should be allowed to leave, and sources close to him have told ESPN he has not ruled out the possibility of either submitting a formal transfer request or going to court.
10.45 BST: The BBC is reporting that Middlesbrough’s bid for Bristol City winger Albert Adomah is of around £1 million. Wigan are believed to have had an offer of £850,000 for him rejected last month.
10.20 BST: Atletico Madrid have said they are determined to keep striker Diego Costa, the subject of a Liverpool bid of almost £22 million. The Spanish club’s sporting director, Jose Luis Caminero, told AS: "Diego Costa is a very important player for Atletico. We value him very highly and we are convinced that this year he is going to score a lot of goals with Atletico. He is an idol for the fans." Costa has said he is happy at Atletico. This is the sort of thing Liverpool are keen on:
10.05 BST: Southampton striker Billy Sharp has moved to distance himself from rumours linking him with a move away from the south coast club, saying: "I am a Southampton player and I still have two years on my contract. I am happy to stay and fight for my place until I am told otherwise.”
09.35 BST: Stoke City boss Mark Hughes is adamant that midfielder Steven N'Zonzi, who has submitted a transfer request, will not be leaving. Hughes said: “He’s not going anywhere.”
09.30 BST: Manchester City winger Scott Sinclair could soon confirm a season-long loan at West Bromwich Albion, according to the Birmingham Mail. The paper says Sinclair, 24, will be allowed to leave for the season by City, for whom he rarely featured in the last campaign.
09.00 BST: And from one long-running Manchester United-based summer saga to another: the saga of Cesc Fabregas. Will United finally manage to sign him from Barcelona? Barca colleague Gerard Pique doesn’t think so, saying: “He will stay at Barca because that’s his dream. He always looks relaxed about it to me. He’s a very good player. It is because of those qualities that teams are interested in him.” United, though, say they are still confident of getting the former Arsenal man.
08.45 BST: Wayne Rooney has told David Moyes he wants to leave Manchester United and is considering submitting a formal transfer request, according to reports. Rooney was the subject of a second bid from Chelsea on Monday, but United were quick to reject the offer, insisting – as they have all summer – that the England international is not for sale.
08.30 BST: Middlesbrough are reported to have agreed a deal with Bristol City to sign winger Albert Adomah, who is also interesting Wigan. Adomah wants to leave Ashton Gate after the Robins were relegated to League One, and had a transfer request turned down earlier this summer. Here's a collection of Adomah goals and assists for the West Country outfit:
08.20 BST: Back to Rooney, and Blackpool manager Paul Ince – a former United midfield star, of course – has said the forward must make things happen if he really wants to move to Chelsea. Ince, who saw his Blackpool side beaten in the Capital One Cup at Preston on Monday night, said: "If Wayne wants to go, it is up to him to force that issue."
08.15 BST: Sought-after midfielder Florian Thauvin has returned to training with Lille despite continued interest from Marseille, who have seen a €5.5 million bid turned down.
08.10 BST: The potential transfer of Bafetimbi Gomis to Newcastle has been held up over an €800,000 payment to his former club Saint-Etienne and his agents, RMC reports. Lyon coach Remi Garde says the club cannot bring in many players until those on the transfer list - including Gomis - are sold.
08.00 BST: Steve Bruce, who managed Paul Scharner at Wigan, could be in line for a reunion with the defender/midfielder at Hull. Bild reports that Bruce is considering a move to bring Scharner from Hamburg as he continues to strengthen his Tigers squad following promotion.
07.23 BST: Viktoria Plzen midfielder Vladimir Darida continues to be linked with SC Freiburg, but the transfer appears to have stalled. Plzen want around €8 million, and want to keep Darida because they are still in the race for the Champions League group stages.
07.09 BST: In Germany, kicker reports that Lewis Holtby will not return to Schalke from Tottenham, contradicting rumours in recent days.
06.52 BST: Staying in Serie A, AC Milan's Kevin Prince-Boateng is reportedly a target for both Schalke and Dortmund. It's thought Boateng may be allowed to leave to raise funds, and free room, for Keisuke Honda.
06.25 BST: Spreading our wings around Europe now, let's start in Italy, where Napoli are beefing up their interest in Liverpool's Martin Skrtel, while Daniel Osvaldo, of Roma, has also been tipped as a new target for the big spenders.
05:40 BST: The Daily Star is reporting that Millwall are in talks about bringing Australia international Ruben Zadkovich to London from Newcastle Jets. The midfielder last played in England for Derby County.
04:28 BST: Korean media reports suggest Park Ji-Sung's loan move to PSV Eindhoven from QPR has been completed.
04:00 BST: Reports in the Liverpool Echo and the Guardian suggest that Liverpool, who paid £20 million to sign Stewart Downing from Aston Villa two years ago, could let the 29-year-old go for roughly £5 million. Newcastle have emerged as the favourites for the England international’s signature as he searches for a regular first-team berth.
Despite featuring for Brendan Rodgers towards the latter stages of last season, it is believed Downing is concerned he may not have a place at Anfield for the forthcoming campaign.
Still on Merseyside, and the Luis Suarez affair just keeps on giving, with the Daily Mail claiming the Uruguayan will take legal action against Liverpool in an attempt to fast-track a move to Arsenal.
The Reds have already rejected Arsenal's two bids, but it seems Suarez is ready to attempt to force an exit from the club. The now infamous release clause will provide the basis of his legal case - if there is one - with his representatives arguing that Liverpool reneged on the terms that should have seen him leave once Arsenal offered over £40 million.
David Luiz was never going to be able to sit out Chelsea's clash with AC Milan without causing a stir, but the Mirror claims the defender’s omission had nothing to do with Barcelona's supposed interest in him and that the decision was taken because Jose Mourinho wanted to rest a player he sees as vital.
Barcelona are rumoured to be preparing a £45 million pound bid for Luiz, but it is believed Mourinho will make it clear that the Brazil international is not for sale.
It wouldn't be On The Move without mention of Wayne Rooney. Reports that some of Manchester United's most experienced players have called for Rooney to leave after Chelsea made a second offer for him on Monday have added a little bit of spice to one of the summer's most prolonged stories.
According to the Daily Star, David Moyes has been told by "several United stars" that they do not want Rooney in the team if he would rather be elsewhere - and that could give Chelsea plenty of leverage.