22.44 BST: That's all for the blog tonight, but join us again soon as we round up Wednesday morning's gossip.
22.42 BST: talkSPORT reports that West Ham are still interested in signing Udinese forward Matej Vydra, who last season excelled on loan at Watford.
22.13 BST: Alan Pardew is still hopeful of adding to his squad in the near future...
21.43 BST: Bayern Munich left-back Diego Contento has been linked with a move to Werder Bremen by Radio Bremen. Werder are also interested in taking Emre Can on loan, but tz claims they face rival interest from Galatasaray and Fenerbahce for the midfielder.
21.18 BST: DONE DEAL Celtic have announced the signing Derk Boerrigter from Ajax on a four-year contract. FULL STORY.
20.58 BST: Former England international Nicky Shorey is expected to complete a move to Millwall shortly. The 32-year-old has been training with the Lions following the expiry of his contract at Reading.
20.42 BST: Tigre defender Lucas Orban has turned down a move to former club River Plate in favour of Bordeaux, according to River.
20.26 BST: Sky Sports News believes Newcastle have not withdrawn their bid for Lyon striker Bafetimbi Gomis. See the 12.11 BST entry for more on that situation.
20.10 BST: DONE DEAL Livorno have completed the signing of Leandro Greco from Olympiakos. The 27-year-old had left Roma last summer.
19.55 BST: Do the English press want Gareth Bale to join Real Madrid? Tottenham blogger Dan Fitch considers the question.
19.37 BST: John Hartson, who coaches the forwards with the Welsh national team, has told BBC Wales that Gareth Bale could cope with a move to Real Madrid. "It wouldn't be an issue for Gareth," he said. "He's very level headed, his feet are
firmly on the ground."
19.17 BST: Newcastle United midfielder Mehdi Abeid has joined Panathinaikos on a season-long loan deal. FULL STORY.
18.54 BST: Former Wolfsburg defender Alexander Madlung, 31, is set to join FC Augsburg. Madlung’s contract had run out at the end of last season and the former Germany international had been looking for a new club ever since.
18.30 BST: Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola has ruled out a bid for Chelsea's David Luiz. FULL STORY.
18.03 BST: The Daily Mirror believes Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel is close to agreeing a loan switch to Napoli, led by former Reds boss Rafa Benitez.
17.40 BST: AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani has confirmed an agreement has been reached to sign Inter Milan defender Matias Silvestre. He also expressed hope that the attempts to sign Keisuke Honda before January are moving forwards. FULL STORY.
17.16 BST: Both Victor Valdes and Javier Mascherano are confident that Cesc Fabregas will remain at Barcelona. FULL STORY.
17.01 BST: Sky, in addition to the reporting that Madrid made a "world-record bid" (last week, incidentally) for Bale, also report that the player is growing increasingly frustrated. Nothing new there, but there seems to be a consensus forming.
16.53 BST: AC Milan general manager Adriano Galliani has ruled out the sale of M'Baye Niang - at least until his side are sure of their place in the Champions League. FULL STORY.
16.30 BST: Numerous sources are linking Spurs defender Steven Caulker with a move to Cardiff. Caulker has earned a spot in the Tottenham first team after a successful spell on loan at Swansea. It seems unlikely that Andre Villas-Boas would be willing to let one of the club's top young talents to leave.
16.22 BST: BREAKING! Sky Sports are reporting that Real Madrid have officially made a bid of around £85million for Spurs' Gareth Bale.
16.16 BST: Here are quotes from the Bayern Munich camp, distancing the club from a move for Chelsea defender David Luiz.
Pep Guardiola: "He will not come to Munich. We have four, five centre-backs. I am very happy with them. Speculation is not true."
Matthias Sammer: "We are not going to sign a new defender since we have already signed a defender this summer in Jan Kirchhoff. The decision not to sign a further defender is clearly to be seen as giving a fair chance to Jan."
15.51 BST: Fenerbahce have released a statement confirming that the club will sign either Benfica striker Oscar Cardozo or Spartak Moscow forward Emmanuel Emenike. The statement read: "Talks are ongoing, either Cardozo or Emenike will join Fenerbahce." Full story on Turkish-Football.com.
15.35 BST: Manchester United are reportedly readying a £25million bid for Luka Modric after failing to land their primary transfer-window targets, The Metro reports.
15.12 BST: Borussia Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp has confirmed he failed in an attempt to lure Shinji Kagawa away from Manchester United, reports Sky Sports.
14.58 BST: Dani Guiza has left Getafe for Paraguayan side Cerro Porteno. The 32-year-old leaves Spain once again to join the 12th team of his club career. Here he is scoring goals for Fenerbahce.
14.44 BST: L'Equipe has an interview with French Finance Minister Pierre Moscovici, in which he discusses plans to force Monaco to move their HQ to France and how 75 per cent tax will effect French football. What could this mean for Monaco and their big spending ways?
14.31 BST: In news that will delight Arsenal fans, Niklas Bendtner is in talks with Malaga over a move from The Gunners. The Spanish side want the Gunners' Danish striker and have offered defender Jesus Gamez in a part-exchange deal.
14.19 BST: Manchester City are considering a bid for Cagliari and Italy defender Davide Astori as cover for the injured Matija Nastasic, according to Italian TV channel Sportitalia. During its regular calciomercato transfer updates programme, Sportitalia claimed that the Citizens were preparing an offer for the AC Milan target, who is valued at around €12 million euros. Astori was part of Italy’s squad at this summer’s Confederations Cup in Brazil.
14.02 BST: According to Bild, Bayern Munich are currently not interested in Chelsea defender David Luiz. But he's Barcelona's first choice now that Thiago Silva is out of reach, having signed a new deal at PSG.
13.49 BST: Fiorentina's director of sport Daniel Prade has put pressure on wantaway forward Adem Ljajic, "Say you are staying, or leave," he told the player. Meanwhile, talkSPORT reports that Tottenham and Everton are after the player, but he may already be in discussions with Fiorentina over extending his contract with the club.
13.31 BST: Lee Cattlermole does not figure in Paolo Di Canio's plans, and would be allowed to move away on loan or permanently, reports The Chronicle Live.
13.18 BST: North London rivals Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur are expected to go head-to-head for the signature of Barcelona forward Alexis Sanchez, reports SportDirect News.
13.09 BST: Napoli have agreed personal terms with Jackson Martinez, but his agent has warned that getting Porto to sell may be more problematic, reports Football-Italia.
12.55 BST: SC Bastia are set to complete the signing of Ivorian midfielder Romaric. The 30-year-old was at Real Zaragoza last season, and made his name at Sevilla.
12.30 BST: Die Welt provide a Luiz Gustavo update. According to the paper, Gustavo is now actively looking for a new club, the 26-year-old would be available for €18million, and Wolfsburg coach Dieter Hecking is quoted saying; "If this player is on the market and wants to join, we will do all we can to convince him that Wolfsburg can be a good address for him. But that is still a long way off yet."
12.11 BST: According to reports on Sunday evening, Newcastle stopped discussions with Bafetimbi Gomis despite the player agreeing a four-year contract. Now according to L'Equipe, Lyon blame the player's wage demands, while his representatives blame Lyon for looking for too much money. He's also been linked with Marseille if Andre-Pierre Gignac leaves, but could now be set to see out his contract at th club.
Meanwhile, Newcastle have turned their attention to Queens Park Rangers striker Loic Remy, who they may look to strike up a loan deal for. Check out Remy's best goal from last season below.
11.48 BST: Interesting news from Marca. They say that one of the obstacles for Real Madrid to convince Tottenham that they should accept the offer for Gareth Bale, is the bid made by Paris Saint Germain, two months ago, of £85 million (around €98.5 million). Meaning Madrid will be forced to offer more than their French rivals.
11.35 BST: The Chronicle Live reports that Celtic are preparing a move for Sunderland winger James McClean, whose future on Wearside is no longer assured.
11.26 BST: Aston Villa midfielder Barry Bannan is travelling to Blackburn and should complete a £500,000 move to Rovers, today or tomorrow.
11.13 BST: Zidane desperate for Bale move.
Zinedine Zidane wants Gareth Bale to join Real Madrid "as soon as possible", as speculation about his future mounts. http://t.co/7RrWgQinI3— ESPN FC (@ESPNFC) July 30, 2013
11.00 BST: 20-year-old Polish striker Bartlomiej Pawlowski is reportedly close to a move from Widzew Lodz to Malaga. Check out the young striker's talents below.
10.45 BST: Check out the front pages from Spain. Marca are dissappointed at the reported unwillingness of Spurs to co-operate with the Bale transfer. Whilst, AS reports that it will cost €98 million plus Fabio Coentrao to nab Bale from Spurs.
10.32 BST: Hoffenheim midfielder Boris Vukcevic will remain in the Hoffenheim squad. He had near fatal car crash last year and is on a long way to recovery. "I feel, but the time is not there yet. I would like to continue my path of small steps and can only ask everyone to respect it."
10.17 BST: Catalunya Radio claims Cesc Fabregas' agent Darren Dein has told Barcelona; "We haven't spoken to Manchester United," and that Fabregas will make decision on his future in the coming days. If Catalunya Radio are to be trusted, it seems that Fabregas will put an end to the constant speculation surrounding his future.
09.55 BST: Check out the front pages from Italy this morning, courtesy of Football-Italia. Featuring, Nainggolan, Balotelli, Tevez, Llornte, and Ljajic.
09.39 BST: Barcastuff pass on some info from The Sun.
Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas has told friends he wants to stay and fight for his place at Barcelona. [sun]— barcastuff (@barcastuff) July 30, 2013
09.23 BST: Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho expects Didier Drogba to return to the club "one day," and has not ruled out the possibility of the Ivorian taking up a coaching role in West London. FULL STORY HERE.
09.14 BST: Lazio president Claudio Lotito says there has been no enquiry regarding highly-rated attacking midfielder Hernanes, who is "not for sale anyway." The Brazilian international has become a key member of the Lazio team, scoring 37 goals from 132 games since joining in 2010.
08.52 BST: Borussia Moenchengladbach hope to offload Peniel Mlapa, 22, ahead of the new Bundesliga season. Mlapa only joined Gladbach in a €3million transfer from Hoffenheim last season but never really took off following his arrival. According to Bild, Frankfurt could be interested in Mlapa, who had played for Germany’s Under-21 in Israel this summer.
08.30 BST: More news on ex-Chelsea forward Saloman Kalou. West Ham have reportedly had a €3.5million offer for the Lille striker accepted. L'Equipe says the former Chelsea player has already turned down moves to West Brom and Trabzonspor because he wants to make sure he gets a place in the Cote d'Ivoire squad for the World Cup.
07.19 BST: Roma legend Francesco Totti has rules out a move to the United States, saying Roma are building a big club and that he wants to continue to be a part of it.
06.55 BST: In Italy, it had seemed Juventus' glut of strikers would have to give somewhere and it seems two frontmen will be leaving Turin, according to Old Lady chief Beppe Marrotta, who says "six is too many". Quagliarella is interesting Norwich while Matri could be target of Everton/Liverpool according to reports in Italy.
06.38 BST: Staying in France and a case of player power in full flow. Troyes keeper Yohann Thuram travelled to Belgium to undergo a medical at Standard Liege without telling his club. A €2 million transfer had not yet been agreed upon and his agent says there’s now a 50-50 chance he'll stay at the Ligue 2 club.
06.22 BST: Switching back to Europe now, where West Ham have had a €3.5 million offer for Lille striker Salomon Kalou accepted. L'Equipe says the former Chelsea player has already turned down moves to West Brom and Trabzonspor because he wants to make sure he gets a place in the Ivory Coast squad for next summer's World Cup.
05:55 BST: Melbourne Victory have confirmed midfielder Billy Celeski will join United Arab Emirates club Al Shaab, subject to a medical.
05:33 BST:Blackburn Rovers have not yet made an offer for Newcastle Jets starlet Craig Goodwin, the winger's agent has told the Newcastle Herald. Reports in Australia over recent months have linked Goodwin to a switch to the UK as he has a British passport.
04:28 BST: PSV coach Philip Cocu has confirmed the Dutch side's interest in signing former player Park Ji-Sung from Queens Park Rangers. "Park is a player with a lot of experience after all those years at Manchester United," Cocu told Algemeen Dagbald. "Added to that, he has already played here and knows the club."
The two played together in the 2004-05 season and most notably combined to put PSV within a goal of the 2005 Champions League final.
03:30 BST: AC Milan have given up on their pursuit of Inter Milan defender Matias Silvestre. Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani told Sky Sport Italia: "Instead of getting closer with today's talks, we moved further away. Therefore we are looking to other objectives instead. Have we abandoned the Silvestre option? Yes."
Jose Mourinho could have one last card to play in the transfer window, with Chelsea now linked with Real Madrid's Sami Khedira, according to the Mirror. The Blues boss is reportedly keen to be reunited with Khedira, who appears to have been forced on the outer at Real following the signing of Asier Illarramendi from Real Sociedad. Following the addition of attackers Marco van Ginkel and Andre Schurrle, Mourinho is apparently keen to shore up his defensive midfield spot and Khedira is now atop his list of targets. Real would expect an offer of around £20 million for Khedira and Chelsea seem willing to pay his high wages.
David Moyes could be handed another unwanted dilemma, with Javier Hernandez potentially joining Wayne Rooney on the Manchester United exit list. The Mirror reports Valencia are preparing to line up an offer for Hernandez, who has been pushed down the pecking order at United thanks to Rooney and Robin van Persie. With the England international set for crunch talks with Moyes as Chelsea circle, losing Hernandez could leave the attacking stocks at Old Trafford worryingly thin. Chicharito is open to a move abroad as he looks for regular football and the impending departure of striker Roberto Soldado from Valencia to Tottenham could allow the Spanish side to make a serious bid.
Former Chelsea striker Salomon Kalou could return to London this summer... but in claret and blue. According to the Daily Mail, West Ham are keen to make a move for the Lille attacker, who has only spent a year in France. The Ivorian scored 14 goals in 28 Ligue 1 matches last season and could provide significant competition to Andy Carroll.
Arsenal's dismal record in the transfer window looks set to continue, with the Daily Star reporting Arsene Wenger could miss out on another of his targets - Brazilian midfielder Bernard. The Atletico Mineiro playmaker was the latest target for the Gunners, but their interest has apparently been foiled by Bernard's countryman Hulk, who suggested the 20-year-old join Porto.